Did you know? Fall weddings are, well ...falling back into favor. In the past, summertime was the most popular time of year to get married. And it still is.
But we are certainly seeing an increase in autumn weddings here at Harbor Club on Lake Oconee. In fact, we’ve got three scheduled for this October alone! Couples are finding that Harbor Club offers the perfect wedding venues for their fall wedding.
In no particular order, here are the top 10 reasons why it’s so remarkable:
- Our beautiful fall foliage
- The leaves are gorgeous in our community in autumn. You’ll see nature’s finest and richest color palette of oranges, browns, rusts, yellows, and golds. Also, the fall sun is a bit lower in the sky, making for wonderful natural light.
- Lake Oconee and our golf course look fantastic
- Both offer lovely backdrops of varying shades of blues and greens for some amazing wedding photos. We also have our pretty fountain, several wooden bridges, The Clubhouse, The Boathouse, manicured paths, an antique carriage and so much more to make both you (and your photographer) smile big for the camera.
- The weather is excellent in Greensboro, GA
- During autumn, it isn’t nearly as rainy as summer is here. Plus, it’s not too hot, and it’s not too cold. The bonus? Compared to summer, fall offers much lower humidity, which means that you and the bridal party will have frizz-free hair and melt-free makeup.
- We’ve got you and your guests (literally) covered, rain or shine
- Whether you wish to have your wedding indoors or out (or both), we’ve got a great variety of venues to suit your needs. Weather can be such a stressor, but with the right planning, we can ensure that Mother Nature doesn’t ruin your big day.
- Pre-wedding / Day-of activities are a cinch to plan at Harbor Club
- There’s no need to scramble to come up with his and hers “day-of” wedding activities. Check out these pre-wedding ideas that your bridal party can take part in before the big event.
- The Boathouse is an exceptional spot for a Lake Oconee wedding.
- The Boathouse gives you the ability to have both the ceremony and reception in one extraordinary place. Here, you can make an awesome entrance by arriving by boat, enjoy fantastic catering, dance the night away, and cap off the evening with a lovely bonfire by the lake.
- The Stables are perfect for a rustic barn wedding
- Fall weddings and rustic barn weddings go together like peanut butter and jelly. They’re perfect! So are our stables for your picture-perfect barn wedding. Plus, our outdoor wedding chapel nearby adds just the right flair to the rustic charm of this venue.
- Feeling more formal? Check out The Clubhouse
- If rustic isn’t your thing, The Clubhouse would be your venue of choice. It’s tastefully decorated inside and out, and its location on the 18th green and croquet lawn offer amazing views, especially in autumn. We’ve had many couples tie the knot here. Once you see it, you’ll understand why.
- Scrumptious catering opportunities abound
- We’ve got a fantastic catering team that can come up with some delicious menu ideas. Fall weddings inspire delectable “harvest” menus. Think sweet, and savory comfort cuisine. Warm cranberry baked brie and signature apple cider cocktails, anyone?
- Seasonal cake flavors are the best - and we can make any you wish
- In keeping with the fall harvest menu theme, our catering team can make your dream wedding cake that tastes as good as it looks. Think pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting, apple galette, black forest parfaits… whatever you fancy, we can make it happen.
Bonus reasons to have your wedding at Harbor Club in the fall
- Fall themes are SO much fun!
- With summer wedding season over you’ll get better deals on wedding planners, DJs, bands, florists, photographers, and the like.
- Guests don’t have to work around their summer vacations to attend your wedding.
- It’s a perfect time of year to go on your honeymoon.
- It’s a perfect time of year for an anniversary.
Come check out Harbor Club for yourself! We’d be happy to give you a tour of our Lake Oconee wedding venues and facilities. But please hurry -- couples book up to two years in advance, and 2018 is already filling up quickly. Contact us today.