We are so proud to announce that Harbor Club on Lake Oconee has added yet another win to it’s long list of impressive accolades. Real Estate Scorecard, the industry leader of online real estate reviews, recently announced the winners of its prestigious Bliss Awards for 2017. Over 390 master planned communities were in the running for the 15 awards available, and Harbor Club made the cut! We are excited to have been awarded the “Best Lake Community of the Year” Bliss Award for 2017.
Real Estate Scorecard obtained over 6000 bona fide resident reviews, and from those, determined the best of the best communities based on genuine happiness and highest quality of life experienced at each. For the “Best Lake Community” category, they also took a close look at water quality and lake level fluctuations. They found that, “Lake Oconee is warm, it’s clean, and the annual lake levels vary less than two feet; --making it the top contender among large lakes in the Southeastern US.
Harbor Club on Lake Oconee stood out because, unlike other communities on Lake Oconee, almost 90% of its residents live there year-round. With a social calendar chock full of fun activities, and tons of wonderful neighbors, Harbor Club is vibrant, cheerful place to live.
Through its Boathouse amenity, Harbor Club offers access to Lake Oconee to every homeowner in the community, whether they own lakefront property or not. The Boathouse Marina offers a full- service marina and restaurant on the lake, as well as drystack boat storage. Having these benefits and easy access to Georgia’s second largest lake, is a big plus for anyone who desires to live the “lake life.”
The below top characteristics also helped tip the scales in favor of Harbor Club:
- A highly popular, award-winning golf course (recently ranked third in Golfweek’s Best State Courses You Can Play listing)
- Highly affordable golf memberships that, according to Real Estate Scorecard, are “...the lowest fees we have seen among almost 100 lake communities we’ve analyzed”
- “For less than $200 a month in HOA/social fees, property owners can live in one of the best places to retire on a lake”
- New Cottage Series homes, priced in the $300’s, are “rightsized” luxury homes with yard maintenance included
- Real estate taxes in Greene County are among the lowest in the state of Georgia
- Ideal location below the ‘snow line’ in Georgia
- Mild winters and hot summers offer year round boating and watersports
Want to see what all the fuss is about? We invite you to experience Harbor Club on Lake Oconee for yourself. Contact us today and we’ll design a personalized tour just for you. See you soon!