When it comes to your wedding day, it’s no secret that you’ll be doing tons of planning. From finding the perfect dress, to discovering the best Lake Oconee wedding venues, to deciding what you’ll be serving at the reception, there are lots of details to sort out. And with a little thoughtful decision-making, everything will come together nicely.
But, have you thought about what the wedding party will do before your big event? It’s a part of the day that most hadn’t thought about. So if you’re looking for interesting ideas that are beyond just sitting around and chilling out, here are some creative activities for keeping everyone happily occupied the “morning-of.” Oh, and the bonus? All of these activities offer unique, extra photo opportunities!
For the ladies
Sure, most ladies will be spending time getting ready doing hair and makeup. However, if you’ve got a little time to kill before the beauty sessions start, consider these:
- Morning bridesmaid brunch - A good breakfast on your big day is a must. You’re going to need your energy! So indulge in a delicious meal with your closest gal pals. At Harbor Club, you can have your meal at The Clubhouse overlooking the manicured golf course, or consider The Boathouse where you can look out on Lake Oconee. Either way, it will be the perfect way for you and your ladies to start the day.
- Find zen with a yoga session - There’s nothing like a good yoga class to help you de-stress. Bending and stretching are excellent ways to do your body good. It’s a small workout you can get in early in the day. This is especially good considering you’ll be sitting for a long while getting hair and makeup done. (PS - We have an excellent yoga instructor who can create a perfect routine for your party the morning of your wedding.)
- Go for a short hike - Have you heard of forest bathing? It’s is a Japanese meditative practice that involves contemplative walks through the woods ...and it’s becoming more popular as a “morning-of” activity. It’s great way to clear your mind, bond, and calm nerves before the big ceremony. Here at Harbor Club, you can go to The Grove for a quick trek on our 1-mile hiking trail, or try our Fit-Trail®, which includes eight fitness stations for stretching, bending and strength training.
- Get relaxing manicures and pedicures - You were probably going to do them anyway, but why not do them someplace unique, like our Boathouse? Bring in some good nail technicians in, enjoy some snacks and beverages, and feast your eyes on beautiful Lake Oconee as you’re getting pampered with your friends.
- Have a ladies luncheon - If you didn’t opt for brunch, you’ve got to have lunch! So many brides and bridesmaids forget to eat anything on the wedding day. A nice catered luncheon at our Clubhouse, Boathouse or our Lighthouse Pavilion will be a fun and thoughtful way for the ladies to fuel up for the big event.
For the gentlemen
The guys tend to have a little more free time since they don’t take as long to get ready as the ladies do. Gents can have fun bonding over these activities:
- Go for a leisurely boat ride - Rent a boat at our Boathouse Marina and go for a quick adventure on Georgia’s second largest lake. Just don’t forget to wear plenty of sunscreen! You don’t want to be sporting a sunburn on the big day.
- Play nine holes of golf - Not enough time to play a full game of golf? Then simply play nine on our award-winning golf course. The guys will have a blast and won’t have to rush through to get ready. Again, please wear sunscreen.
- Throw a line in the water - Or at least come up with some good stories for “the one that got away” while you're fishing with your buds. You can try your luck on Lake Oconee, or for better odds, cast a line in our stocked ponds around the community. Ditto on the sunscreen!
- Pump iron in the gym - A good workout at the gym with the guys is sure to relieve stress and provide an extra helping of confidence. Our gym at The Grove offers lots of cardio and weight-training options. Avoid overdoing it and ensure there’s enough time to shower and clean up before walking down the aisle.
- Play poker, video games, or watch the game in the men’s lounge - Better yet, do all three! And while you’re at it, nosh on a few snacks and beverages. Eating food is crucial on the day of the wedding so guys can be energized and feeling their best.
So if you’re ready to differentiate your wedding day from everyone else's, try some of these “morning-of” activities. It will make your wedding more personalized and fun for everyone involved. And while you’re in the planning stage, plan to stop by and visit Harbor Club! You can check out all our great Lake Oconee wedding venues and other facilities mentioned above. You may discover that our beautiful community is the perfect place for your big day.
“Harbor Club was perfection for our big day. The rehearsal dinner took place at Lighthouse Pointe, and our reception took place behind the polo stables. It was magical. The beauty of this Southern jewel was more than I ever expected.” - Caroline