Investing in a new home is exciting, especially in a lake and golf community like Harbor Club on Lake Oconee. But when it comes to real estate, should you invest a new construction home or purchase in a resale?
Of course, there is a lot to consider on both fronts, and you want to make the best decision possible. After all, this decision will be one of the biggest ones you make in your life! To make it easier, here some things to ponder.
New Home Construction
Ah, that brand new home smell! It’s almost like that new car smell that we all seem to love so much. A new dream home offers a lot of choices, which is excellent from a customization standpoint. You can truly make your new home your own. Consider these advantages:
- The ability to choose your piece of property (Do you prefer lakefront? Golf front? Being near The Grove or The Clubhouse? Hilly or flat? You pick!)
- The ability to chose your favorite Southern Living inspired home design
- The ability to make modifications with your chosen home design to better fit your unique needs
- The ability to choose interior design details to your exact specification (Think flooring, paint colors, cabinets, countertops, etc.)
- Better energy efficiency (typical of newer homes vs. older homes)
- Lower maintenance requirements. (For example, that new HVAC system won’t need repairs or replacing for many years to come.)
- New technology built right in, such as internet, cable, alarms, etc.
- You’re the very first to live in it!
There’s no doubt, an older home can certainly be charming. Sometimes you walk in, and you simply know that it is THE one -- it just feels right. Consider these other advantages:
- Previous owners likely have some things already in place, like appliances, towel bars, curtain rods, and more.
- Sellers of resale homes are likely to give allowances for items that may need attention (such as a new roof or new carpet.)
- Resale homes may come with unique perks, such as a pool table, piano, custom window drapes, an outdoor jacuzzi — basically anything that the seller doesn’t want to dismantle or move to their new home.
So, if you are looking to invest in a home in the Lake Oconee area, Harbor Club has a great selection of both new construction and resale homes that are beautiful, high-quality, and well built. We’d love to show you! Contact us for a tour of our warm, well-established neighborhood and available inventory. You’ll be glad you did.