Have you ever wondered if a golf club membership at Harbor Club was worthwhile? Most consider all the benefits and compare them to the cost, as it’s an easy way to determine value. But you should also consider some other, often-overlooked factors. Here are eight more great reasons to invest in a golf membership at Harbor Club:
One of the top reasons members enjoy a golf membership at Harbor Club is that our course is more accessible – meaning we have more available tee times. That makes it much easier to play during your preferred time of day, not one that’s stipulated for you. From what we hear, it’s a bit more challenging to get a preferred tee time at other golf courses in Georgia’s Lake Country, even if you’re a member.
It’s a wise investment
All Harbor Club golf memberships offer various forms of unlimited golf. The membership cost, compared to your average number of golf rounds, provides a good starting point for determining value. If you and your family play golf often or take advantage of other membership benefits frequently, then it’s easy to see that it’s a wise investment.
You receive an official handicap
To receive an official golf handicap, you must submit three scorecards to your club where you’re a member. An official handicap gives you the ability to enter golf tournaments where you have the chance to win prizes and other accolades. Our golf pros can help you with your official golf handicap and sign you up for fun, upcoming tournaments.
You’ll improve your game
Having a golf membership encourages more play – and everyone knows that practice makes (almost) perfect. Plus, you’ll have access to Harbor Club’s practice areas, including the driving range, short-game facility, and putting green. Of course, our golf pros are happy to help you perfect your swing, learn new approaches, shave strokes off your average score, and more.
Golf is a healthy activity
Playing golf is an excellent way to stay in shape and keep your heart healthy. Whether you play a quick round after a tough day of work or go for a Saturday morning tee time with friends, golf is a relatively low-impact form of exercise, not to mention a fantastic way to blow off steam.
You’ll expand your network
A golf membership at Harbor Club helps forge new friendships and create close bonds. The prestige of membership is a benefit, especially if you work in an industry where image and networking are essential. You’ll socialize and rub elbows with like-minded people. Plus, Harbor Club is perfect for informal business meetings, closing important deals, impressing new clients, or securing a promotion.
In addition to access to our award-winning Weiskopf/Morrish-designed 18-hole championship golf course, club members also enjoy the following:
Access other amenities
- A state-of-the-art fitness center with LifeFitness equipment and exercise classes
- Outdoor tennis and pickleball courts
- Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Full calendar of golf and social events
- The Grove recreation campus includes hiking and Fit-Trails®, a quarter-mile running track, a sports field, a dog park, Victory Garden, Sanctuary Pond, and more.
All Harbor Club members enjoy special discounts in and around the club, including:
- 10% discount at the Boathouse Marina for dry boat storage and fuel purchases
- 10% discount at our The Clubhouse Restaurant and The Boathouse Restaurant
- 10% discount at the Pro Shop on apparel
Whatever your lifestyle, there’s a Harbor Club golf membership that fits your needs. Each of the following memberships is available with refundable options:
- Full Golf – unlimited golf any day the course is open
- Corporate Golf – unlimited golf for business owners/officers any day the course is open
- Junior Golf – unlimited golf for players under 40 years old
- Weekday Golf – unlimited golf Tuesdays through Fridays
- Social Membership – access to the amenity centers, sports courts, events, and more (Available for Harbor Club property owners only)
If you live in Georgia’s Lake Country, we cordially invite you to join the club. To learn more, contact us today. Our friendly Membership Director, Don Forchilli, is happy to chat, answer questions, email more information, or arrange an exclusive tour of our facilities.