Golf lessons available for everyone
Many of us are working from home now and need a healthy diversion for getting out of the house. Golf lessons are the perfect solution. At Harbor Club, we offer a wide variety of lessons for people of all ages and skill levels. Our friendly golf pros conduct private and group lessons for everyone — adults, juniors, men, and ladies. If you don’t own clubs, don’t worry. The pros can provide a set for you or help you find ones that fit you best.
Golf is safe to play during the pandemic
Fortunately, golf is an outdoor sport that is easy to enjoy, even with the current social distancing protocols in place. Our highly-acclaimed, 18-hole, Weiskopf-Morrish-designed golf course offers fairways and greens that make the course beautiful and fun to play for all skill levels. You not only get to play our award-winning course but also have access to the driving range, short-game facility, and putting green, which helps you practice and perfects your game even more. To keep you and everyone else safer than ever, we’ve put the following rules and procedures in place:
- All players must maintain social distancing before, during, and after the game.
- One rider is allowed per golf cart. Families may ride together.
- All coolers, ball washers, and bunker rakes have been removed from the course.
- There’s no need for golfers to touch the flags. We’re now using either an inverted cup or one slightly above the turf on each hole.
- The cart staff is taking extra measures to clean and sanitize each cart after every use.
Golf is a great workout
This is especially true if you walk the course, which is typically around four miles. And if you carry your clubs, you get an even better workout. Golfweek gave an estimate of calories burned while playing an average 9-hole golf course, finding that:
- Golfers who walk and carry their bag burn 721 calories
- Golfers using a pull cart burn 718 calories
- Golfers walking with a caddie burn 613 calories
- Golfers riding in a golf cart burn 411 calories
Imagine how many calories you’ll burn while playing an 18-hole course like ours!
Golf adds longevity to your life
The ScienceDaily reported that a Swedish study found golfers had a 40% lower rate of death than the rest of the population. What a fantastic way to prolong your life.
So, why wait any longer? Indulge yourself. With so many great benefits, contact the Harbor Club pro shop to schedule your golf lessons today. You’ll be glad you did.